Sunday, November 29, 2009

Compostable Dishes Made From Leaves

Tableware Constructed From The Fallen Leaves of Trees

I continue to be impressed by the genius and persistence of new young entrepreneurs who take the time to think differently about the world around them and seek to find ways to not only improve the world they live in but create a new paths for humanity to follow while also proving that business can be created and thrive while doing so.

Verterra is a new company producing and selling recycleable / compostable dishes that are stylish, functional and completely environmentally friendly. What started as a dream just a few years ago has now turned into a real company that produces about a million pieces of flatware per month who's products are found in diverse venues such as Whole Foods Markets, football stadium box seats and even the upcoming Winter Olympics to be held in Vancouver, B.C. Verterra has received recognition as the Best New Green / Environmentally Friendly Product. The biggest problem Michael Dwork, the company founder, has encountered is that they look so stylish that people might find them to attractive to throw away. He does state that repeat orders stand at ninety percent so that obstacle must be working itself out.

The Verterra products are made exclusively from fallen leaves of trees and water with no additives. How cool? They are designed to be fully compostable & won't contaminate the environment so people can toss them away with food waste and landfills won't need to be littered with polystyrene foam products that are loaded with hazardous chemicals and take eons to breakdown.
Check them out here: Verterra

Read more about the Verterra story here: Fallen Leaves Birth Eco-Friendly Dinnerware Company

27 comments:

Brian, the old man said...

What a great idea. It amazes me how ingenious some people can be. Nice to see people caring about the environment and doing something about it. Hope you are having a glorious holiday season. Merry Christmas.

Small Footprints said...

Wow ... how cool is that! Leaves and water ... imagine! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Hope you enjoyed the holidays and ... Happy New Year!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

ღ•ßÁÐßŐŶ●•٠ ღß|@C|<•٠ said...

very nice
m following u follow mine..

http://sfreeo.blogspot.com/

Noah Mark Rodolfo said...

Nice blog. I have followed your blog and I am hoping you follow mine. We can share a lot of ideas about health and wellness. This will also improve our blog traffic and search engine rankings as well.

To our success.

www.healthtalkbuzz.blogspot.com.

Thanks

natural health guide said...

Just imagine I read it twice. While I am not as accomplished on this issue, I match with your determinations because they create sense. Thanks and goodluck to you.

Chiropractic Saint Paul said...

Very good idea , youngs always wants to change the world, it very good ideas we are wonder to read this its really good

I Hate Gossips said...

I really like the fresh perpective you did on the issue. Really was not expecting that when I started off studying. Your concepts were easy to understand that I wondered why I never looked at it before. Glad to know that there’s an individual out there that definitely understands what he’s discussing. Great job!

http://ihategossips.blogspot.com

Dr. Heckle said...

Found your blog through your "get more followers" comment on blog catalog.

I am following you now and would greatly appreciate it if you followed me back.

I was pleasantly surprised. I've really enjoyed reading about green products and healthy living. This one was amazing! I can't believe they can make this stuff from leaves!

I look forward to more posts!

Transcription Service said...

Great! fantastic Idea.

Medical Transcription Company said...

Good its very nice idea.

Medical Transcription Service said...

Dishes from Leaves...Its surprising to know about it..
I will try these dishes...
Thank you for idea...

Access Diabetic said...

Good its very nice post..

Access Diabetic said...

Its Nice an impressive blog post.

Ace said...

Fantastic idea..About these Compostable dishes.. I will try to make them for me...
Thank you for idea..Access Diabetic

MRWED said...

That’s amazing! I would love to use those things than using plastic that has toxins. How I wish this idea will be materialized throughout the world.

wheelchairs said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

Avm said...

Just imagine I read it twice. While I am not as accomplished on this issue, I match with your determinations because they create sense. Thanks and goodluck to you

Alton said...

It's remarkable how much we don't know we don't know about gently fulfilling our needs with nature.

This reminds me of Tesla and his inventions for energy production that won't see the light of day because they don't fit into profit and enslavement schemes and global warming and cooling themes.

Now all those lazy people who serve Christmas dinner on styrofoam don't have any excuses! (Not that I'd sit down and eat off of it.)

Create and Share said...

This is a wonderful idea! I also discovered last week the alternative of cardboard furniture... we can really go green with these options! Thanks for sharing!

Hiit said...

Great dishes! Love it

mina said...

Good day!
I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
Thank you

minasol@yourmediaguru.com

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

massagenightmare said...

This is nice post about our health and also i have many ideas for you just
click here "Michael Muskat" . I think you

will inspire with me and also you can sugges me here i will also visit again here.
Thanks for posting...


"Michael Muskat"

modalert said...

Wow!!! I Have never seen this kinds of Plates. I am really Impressed by your post!
modalert

Mann said...

My mom would love this as a gift.

Does anybody know where we can find and buy one online?

Alex said...

I am for all things recyclable. I love this idea. Is it available in Australia?

bodyhealthdotbiz said...

Oh!cool.
i would love to buy this kind of stuffs which comes direct from the nature.