Saturday, August 15, 2009

Short Term Effects Of A High Fat Diet- It Makes You Stupid and Lazy

It is well known that the long term effects of High Fat Diets contribute to obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancer and heart failure but not much research was done to investigate the short term implications of such eating habits. That is until now. Researchers at Oxford University, in a study funded by the British Heart Foundation, have shown that short term high fat diets contribute to a quick reduction in physical performance as well as decline in cognitive ability in just nine days. Read more Here: High Fat Foods Make You Dumb and Lazy

Source: Sports Geezer

7 comments:

DQ's Windmill said...

I love to eat healthy, and often start my day with a juice that I make myself, with our juicer!
~Donna
http://donna-quixote.blogspot.com

TC said...

Hey Donna, I also love starting my day with a juice. Mostly, I will use a Superfood supplement in my juice or mix it with juice, rice milk or soy milk and blend with frozen fruit & a scoop of hemp protein. Thanks for stopping by.

Shaun said...

Hey TC. That Picture is too funny, I'm going to get me one of those ;-). Good post.

DQ's Windmill said...

oooh, hemp protein - good idea!
I do have a favorite green superfood that I sometimes add - Dr. Schultz's Superfood. People order it from all over, but I'm lucky, his shop is near me. But I've never tried hemp protein. I'll see if they have it at the natural food store I go to.

PS, Thanks for visiting my blog,
~Donna

TC said...

Thanks Shaun. Yea, I thought that one was perfectly appropriate for the post. I must confess. I ate a burger yesterday after a long steep hike up the eastern continental divide but followed it with a blueberry, acai, pomegranate smoothie last night and some superfood greens & probiotic drink early this morning.

TC said...

@ Donna. I haven't tried it but it does seem like a high quality product. I use Perfect Food Berry and or Greens Plus Berry for a little extra antioxidant boost. P.S. - your welcome. I find it a very interesting blog and will be back.

Natalie said...

Hi: I came to your site from BlogCatalog. I confess to having a high-fat diet and a quick brain, but I wonder if the reason is because of the superfood my company makes, :-D. BTW congrats on being top Healthy Lifestyle blogger! I love that site, we're members too.